In recent weeks, the JOBartO team has been working closely with a specific client on their Facebook social media marketing strategy. The project focused on the best approach to marketing their employers profile pages and job postings on their Facebook page. From that experience, we noted discovered a benefit for other job boards to help their job board stand out of the crowd on Facebook.
One of the effective approaches for a job board to boost conversion rates on their status updates is to leverage the Photo Carousel. According to Facebook, early analysis shows that the Carousel format feature has helped increase click-through rates by an average of 12%.
Here are best practices and helpful tips on using the Photo Carousel format
- Increase click-through rates by 12%
- Increase the size of the promoted image (note: how when you add the link directly into the Status Update the image is much smaller)
- Better user experience for the user by clicking directly on the image instead of the smaller link in the post
- Able to edit any of the text and images that automatically appear from the link you entered.
Best Practices Guideline
- Text: 90 characters
- Link Title: 25 characters
- Image size: 1200 pixels x 627 pixels. Use a minimum image width of 600 pixels for ads appearing in News Feed.
- Number of Images: 5 (The mobile app supports up to 5 images with links..best to keep the desktop and mobile experience consistent)
- When using photos, keep text overlay to a minimum. Images with more than 20% text will not be approved.
Want some examples?
If you are looking for creative examples of advertisers leveraging the carousel format, please click here to visit the Facebook page with helpful examples.
How to set up my first Photo Carousel
- Click on ‘Photo / Video’ above the Status field
- Click on ‘Create a Photo Carousel’
- Paste your link in the ‘Destination URL’ and click on the —–> icon
We wish you the best of luck with boosting your Facebook posts and driving higher conversion rates.
- On December 28, 2016
- 0 Comments